Thursday, March 31, 2022
The ultimate guys’ weekend break in the South West
A grown-up guys’ weekend away – a ‘brocation’ – is the perfect time to catch up with your mates, kick back at a few breweries, and get stuck into those games and hobbies you’ve let slide in the cloud of life’s busyness.
Here are our tips for the ultimate boys’ weekend away in the South West.
The perfect holiday accommodation
These homes are not your garden variety holiday rentals; everything you need is at your fingertips. You can order gourmet pizzas and watch a movie in the comfort of the home theatre; set up in the huge lounge room with a deck of cards and your best poker face; check out surf conditions from high up on the balcony as you sip an early morning coffee; or spend the afternoon floating around in the private pool. It’s up to you.
Choose your ideal luxury holiday home. Does it have:
- a BBQ, pizza oven or outdoor kitchen and firepit?
- a tennis court, table tennis or pool table?
- a home theatre?
- a sauna, spa or swimming pool?
- room for your dog?
Have a chat to one of our bookings agents on +61 8 9750 5444 who can match you with a house that suits.
Eating and drinking in the South West
It would be an impossible task to name all the top-notch cafes and watering holes in the region, so we’ll do our best to keep it short and sweet.
- Enjoy an afternoon beer tasting at the region’s phenomenal breweries. Check out the best craft breweries in the Busselton-Dunsborough-Eagle Bay area. And if you’re staying in Margaret River, you’ll appreciate Margaret River Brewhouse, while in Yallingup it would be a crime to miss Wild Hop and Beerfarm Metricup. Washing it down with a hearty bite to eat? Here are our picks of the best brewery lunches.
- Get a man-sized meal into you at these burger and pizza And if you’re a meat-lover, do yourself a favour and work your way through the ultimate meat-lovers trail (including the outstanding El Toro in Margaret River).
- Create your own Gin to enjoy with your mates or take home at the Margaret River Ginversity
- If you want to keep it low key, a relaxed BBQ could be just what the doctor ordered.
- Keen to head out for a drink at night? Visit the best bars and pubs in town.
Outdoor activities on land
It’s not a weekend away if you’re not getting out and about in the great outdoors, with a dose of adrenalin pumped into your system.
- Margaret River Climbing Co are onto a winning formula with their abseiling, caving and rock climbing tours.
- Eco Adventures take you on a quad bike tour through the stunning Forest Grove trails just south of Margaret River. Explore 18kms in 90 minutes on the worlds first electric quad bike tour.
- Mountain bikers, discover the many trails ribboned throughout the region on a self-guided day out through karri forests, gravelly paths, and clifftop vistas. For a set tour, take a look at Margaret River Mountain Bike Tours. Or try your hand at fat biking through Boranup Forest.
- And keen golfers will want to visit the region’s excellent golf courses.
Outdoor activities on water
Blessed with one of the most incredible stretches of coastline in the world, it will come as a shock to precisely no-one that the water sports and ocean adventures here are excellent.
- Experience jet boating at nearly 90km/hr. Sit back with ocean spray on your face and your heart in your throat on a thrill ride with Jet Adventures or at a slightly slower pace with a Jet Ski Tour.
- Surfing is king here. If you’re new to the sport, there’s loads of opportunities to take adult surfing lessons, intermediates should read these tips from local legends, while experienced surfers can head to our big wave surfing blog.
- With reefs, rocks, caves, and even shipwrecks in the area, there’s plenty of underwater exploration to be had. The best snorkelling spots can be found here, and if you’re a daredevil, check out cave diving.
- For something different, try coasteering with Margaret River Adventure Co.
- Beach lovers, hire a stand-up paddleboard
- Fishing with your mates, a cold beer in hand, and a fresh catch ready to sizzle on the BBQ: could there be a better way to spend the afternoon?
Whatever you like to do on holiday, there’s something for everyone in the group to enjoy. Browse our portfolio of luxury holiday homes today and get your guys’ weekend getaway in the South West booked in.
You might also like:
Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on all things Private Properties.