What’s on at Busselton Fringe
Published Thursday, January 30, 2020 in What's On & Events
Fringe is an extravaganza of creativity and expression, and anyone who loves being entertained really shouldn’t miss out.
If you’re not familiar with Fringe Festival in general, here is a very quick rundown. There are many events, of all different art-related genres, and featuring artists from all walks of life. You buy tickets to individual shows, and you can attend as many shows as you like. There will be visiting acts from Perth’s supremely popular Fringe World, plus local talent ready to knock your socks off.
Busselton Fringe shows not to be missed
- Show Stopper: An Interactive Murder Mystery
Agatha Christie for the modern era. Look for clues and find out who the murderer is before they commit another crime…
- Comedy Allstars Supershow
Get ready to laugh until your stomach hurts. This 18+ show features some of Australia’s best comics, including Craig Quartermaine, Sian Choyce and Sami Shah.
- 80s Mixtape
The decade that gave us permed hair and shoulder pads also gave us iconic music. Take an energetic trip down memory lane with songs like Call Me and Walking on Sunshine.
- Speakeasy at the Esplanade Hotel
Hello Roaring 20s. Flapper dresses, bobbed hairdos, cocktails and jazz. A raucous evening at the Esplanade Hotel.
When: 14–23 February 2020
Where: Several locations across Busselton
Cost: Dependent on individual shows. Some are free.
Where to stay
Here’s just a few magnificent properties to relax at after a day or night experiencing the fabulousness that is Fringe.
A contemporary, coastal property that feels like a home away from home, with pretty peppermint trees in the enclosed back garden.
Blues, whites, greys and clean lines – this a total beach house. You’ll also have a gorgeous view cross the front lawn through to the beach across the road.
Spend a lazy morning watching the sunrise from the balcony of this family-friendly beachfront holiday home and just stroll onto the shore for a day at the beach.
What else is coming up?
The South West region is a bustling hive of activity year-round. You can look forward to:
- Busselton Jetty Swim – 8 to 9 February
- South West Craft Beer Festival – 15 February
- Sculpture by the Bay – 29 February to 2 March
- Taste Great Southern – 26 March to 5 April [Great Southern region]
- Margaret River Pro – 22 April to 2 May
- Margaret River Region Open Studios – 25 April to 10 May
- The Margaret River Readers & Writers Festival – 15 to 17 May
- Truffle Kerfuffle – 19 to 21 June
- Cabin Fever – 17 to 26 July
- CinefestOZ – 26 to 30 August
- Strings Attached Festival – 9 to 11 October
- Gourmet Escape – November dates TBC
- Busselton Ironman – 6 December
Browse our portfolio to discover your dream holiday home in the idyllic Margaret River region.
You might also like: