Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Margaret River Region – Summer Bucket List
As the Margaret River region boasts glorious blue skies and warm rays of sunshine the region’s official tourism body released a Summer Bucket list – 50 strong no less with the ultimate things to do during the summer. Scenic helicopter flights along the coastline, SUPing in Geographe Bay, 4WDriving through Boranup Forest, dive to sunken shipwrecks, explore sections of the Cape to Cape track and many more.
Private Properties have also featured with some of our most inspirational holiday homes to stay whilst ticking off these bucket list items.
Here we have highlighted some of our favourites from the ultimate Summer Bucket list.
Our Favourite 5 To Do’s in the Margaret River region:
- Relax with a perfect picnic at one of the many picturesque picnic spots along the beautiful coastline, for example: Meelup. Ensure you pack locally grown olive oil, organic wood-fired bread, artisanal cheeses and other fresh local products.
- Enjoy a scenic helicopter flight over the Leeuwin-Naturaliste ridgeline, for a completely different perspective on this spectacular region.
- Discover how pristine the region is – taste freshly shucked abalone from Augusta and wash it down with a glass of Chardonnay that this region is world renowned for.
- Explore the 7 wonders of the Margaret River region – Boranup Forest, The Margaret River, Jewel Cave, Wilyabrup Cliffs, Cape to Cape track, Yallingup Lagoon and Meelup Regional Park.
- Reflect on your magnificent experiences – sit back and relax in the warm, late afternoon sun with a locally crafted beer at Eagle Bay Brewery, with views to iconic Eagle Bay. Maybe indulge in a couple of brews as you tick off the adventures enjoyed and plan your next South-West escape to complete some others on the bucket list.
Our Top 5 Inspirational holiday homes in region:
Bunkers Beach House, Bunker Bay
A unique residence, Bunker Bay’s best house! Unsurpassed views, huge deck and right on the beach, just stroll across the lawn and you’re onto the sand with the shore just metres away. Perfect for the summer, the western end of the bay is like your own private lagoon. Take long walks along the beach, throw in a fishing line, surf a wave at Farm Break, dine at the nearby beach cafe, or simply laze on the sun deck all day until sunset when a pink glow is cast across the sky. Bunkers Beach House boasts five bedrooms and five bathrooms so you can enjoy with a group of family and friends.
A architectural gem that embodies style and glamour, this luxurious holiday home delights with its views and rural setting. Tucked away in the Yallingup hills this secluded property boasts unparalleled views through the Gunyulgup valley to the Indian Ocean. Take a deep breath of fresh air, relax, dream and discover the beauty of the region.
A gorgeous beachside holiday home, perfectly perched on Yallingup hill with sweeping views across the Indian Ocean. Wake up to the coastal vista that will take your breath away, from Mainbreak in the south to Sugarloaf Rock near Cape Naturaliste. The shimmering plunge pool will keep tempt everyone all day long, or take a short stroll to Yallingup lagoon.
This stunning seaside holiday home exudes global sophistication in true Hampton’s style. Nestled in a secluded, elevated position overlooking Flinders Bay this effortlessly stylish luxury property is perfectly placed for exploring the Margaret River region. Time spent at this unique, special home will be cherished by the whole family.
A luxurious property that is all class and sophistication by the beach. Glorious views across Geographe Bay from every room, the wrap around balcony and pool deck, this superb holiday home provides the perfect escape for those seeking luxury and privacy by the coast. This is not just for the summer bucket list, but to be enjoyed all year round.
If you are looking for an inspirational holiday home like these, explore the Private Properties portfolio to find your perfect property. Alternatively, contact our friendly Bookings Consultants who can make recommendations based on your specific requirements: +61 8 9750 5444.
You may also like to read:
Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on all things Private Properties.