Thursday, April 20, 2017
Time for a high adrenaline holiday in the South-West?
Discovering Australia’s beautiful South-West region isn’t just about wineries, restaurants and beaches.
Don’t get us wrong, if you’re searching for those experiences you’ll find them all here, but if you’re more of the adventurous type, the region has plenty of opportunities to get active.
Autumn is the perfect time to take a hike… literally. The region is overflowing with walks, tracks and mountain biking trails that will get you back to nature at its stunning South-West best.
There’s nothing quite like taking in the ocean on a beautiful autumn day as you wind your way from bay to bay on the Cape to Cape Walk or, if you fancy more of a challenge, camp overnight and explore the length and breadth of the Bibbulmun Track.
There’s also a plethora of annual adventure events to choose from in the region. Here are just a couple of the highlights.
- MTB Cape to Cape. October 19 – 22, 2017. It’s a ride, not a race (although plenty of people do actually race!) This event is aimed at mountain bikers keen to experience the thrill of their sport in the stunning South-West. It has a fun, friendly vibe.
- SunSmart IronMan Western Australia. December 3, 2017. The largest event of its kind in Australia and the Southern hemisphere takes place in the charming seaside town of Busselton every year. It’s a 1.9km swim, 90.1km bike leg and a 21.1km run.
- Adventurethon. January 7-8, 2018. An adrenaline-charged multisport challenge incorporating paddling, mountain biking and off-road (or trail) running. Not for the faint-hearted, this event is growing in size every year and has a worldwide following.
Just for Fun
- Mudfest South West. 1 July, 2017. This obstacle and mud racing challenge promises to be bucketloads of fun — and quite dirty. There are several race options, and even a kids’ course designed especially for the little ones. It’s on at Bootleg Brewery and other entertainment will also be provided.
- The Grapest 5k Run. October 7, 2017. A 5km or 10km off-road run, this event features a 1km “wine walk” through some of the most scenic and stunning vineyards in Australia. You’re encouraged to stop and taste wine on the way at Xanadu Winery in Margaret River.
Any time of year
- Eco Adventures Margaret River. What could be more fun than taking a tour on an electric quad bike? EcoBikes have been specifically designed to float over the delicate trails of the South-West’s national parks. An iPad mini gives you all the information you need to understand the spectacular environment you’re experiencing.
- Forest Adventures South-West. Get a shot of adrenalin taking a flying fox through the majestic trees of WA’s legendary Tuart Forest. That’s just one of 65 adventure-filled activities at this high-energy attraction, including BASE-jumping, riding a BMX on a wire, or swinging on Tarzan ropes.
However you prefer your adventures, Margaret River, Busselton, Pemberton and Albany have something for every fitness level.
And the great thing about doing it in the South-West is you can still treat yourself at the end of your adventure with a sublime lunch and a glass of the region’s finest at one of the myriad beautiful wineries you’ll find along the way.
No ‘i’ in Team
If you’ve been training hard for the past six months, you know how important keeping team spirits high can be. And it’s not just about the training.
It’s also about commitment and keeping the team together — which is where Private Properties comes in.
You can hire one of our stunning homes in a beautiful location with room enough to sleep the whole team and still with enough space to spare for everyone to unwind.
What could be better than waking up on the morning of the Busselton Ironman with your team in a luxurious beachside property, knowing that you’re about to face a huge challenge together?
And at the end of the day as the sun goes down and you all compare your personal times, you can enjoy a well-earned celebration on the balcony and take in one of those sunsets that the west does best.
To book a property for your team call a Private Properties booking agent today on 08 9750 5444
Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on all things Private Properties.