Wednesday, December 21, 2016
Don’t forget to pack these essential items for a fantastic Private Properties holiday
Packing for your holiday can be both a blessing and curse. What to pack, how much and what you need often depends on your destination of choice. As most of us are heading off for our summer holiday, we thought now would be a good time to let you know all you need for a great Private Properties holiday in the Southwest.
Chances are you’re going to be outside and probably spend some of that time at the beach. Summer days are warm but the nights can be perfect-for-sleeping cool. Make sure you include the following in your bag:
- Sunscreen – we all love the beach, make the most of it by covering up in the harsh summer sunshine
- Hat – like above, you can’t cover up enough
- Bathers – the best way to kick off your holiday and wash away the working year is to go for a dip in the ocean. Bathers are a must!
- Beachwear – there’s a good chance you will be getting in and out of the water a lot. Pack sarongs or other stylish beachwear for the comfortable clothes to wear over your bathers
- Beach footwear – because the white sandy beaches of West Australia can get hot in the middle of the day
- Beach towel – to take to the beach or line a deck chair
- Cotton jumper or sweater – especially if you’re planning on an evening happy hour on a deck or outdoors
- Long-sleeved T-shirt – for cool evenings or days you’ve had enough sun
- Good book – one of the great pleasures of downtime is indulging in a great read
Not such a beach goer? Here are other ideas to give yourself an excuse to get out and about:
- Walking shoes – Make the most of the stunning scenery along the Cape to Cape walking trail
- Cards and Boardgames – turn off your devices and spend time with family and friends playing boardgames or with a deck of cards
- Fishing gear – with so many pristine beaches to explore, you are spoiled for fishing spots
- Bikes and helmets – Did you know you can cycle from Dunsborough to Busselton along a dedicated bike path along the beach?
- Camera – For those amazing sunset shots
What to leave behind when staying in a Private Properties holiday home
Our goal is to provide a luxury holiday experience for all our guests. Part of that is giving you the freedom to pack a light bag knowing you’ll have everything you need in the property you’ve selected for your stay. You can depend on:
- quality bedding, linen and towels
- full kitchen fit-outs with everything you need to prepare delicious meals (or have them prepared by local chefs)
- bathroom amenities like soap, shampoo and lotion
- portacot, high chairs, beach towels are all available to hire (selected destinations only)
If you get to a Private Properties house and something is missing, you can call us directly and we’ll address the issue as soon as possible.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on all things Private Properties.