Wednesday, August 1, 2018
35 indoor holiday ideas
We all want something different from a holiday. For some of us, it’s about adventure and the great outdoors. For others, the focus is on food and socialising. And for some, it’s a chance to kick back, relax and make the most of much-needed downtime at your holiday accommodation.
If you do want to take some time out to relax indoors in comfort, we have put together the ultimate list of ideas for you.
Indoor activities for adults
- Food and wine lover? Book a tour and explore the cheese, chocolate, wine and beer producers in the area
- Take a workshop at Vasse Virgin to learn how to make extra virgin olive oil, perfume and lip balms
- Enjoy a long, leisurely lunch. Voyager Estate has a decadent 4- or 7-course degustation complete with wine pairings
- Explore the trendiest cafes, restaurants and bars in your area
- Drift away in bliss at a day spa with a mani-pedi, a facial, massage, or even a full decadent pampering package
- Catch live music at a pub or bar in town
- Book dinner with a difference. Try a themed dinner and drinks event at Swings Taphouse in Margaret River
- Visit a museum. In Albany, there’s The Brig Amity or the Albany Convict Gaol Museum; in the South-West, visit the Cape Leeuwin or Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse or the Augusta Historical Museum
- Float in a tank at Floating Euphoria in Gnarabup, near Margaret River
- Book a personal chef to come to your home and cook a flashy three-course meal (while you do absolutely nothing)
- Visit an art or furniture gallery. Try Boranup Gallery, Jahroc Galleries, Studio Gallery and Yallingup Galleries
- Have a Pilates or yoga trainer visit you at home for a spot of exercise. Or, you can get a massage therapist to come to you and kneed out all of those knots
- For a mix of art, culture and history, visit the Art Geo Cultural Complex in Busselton
- Relax in the bath, spa or sauna at home
- Go to a beer tasting at one of the local breweries. Plus, many have fireplaces and cosy spaces to tuck yourself away in.
Indoor activities for kids
A family holiday is a different kettle of fish when it comes to planning activities. Here are some ideas for the whole family:
- Taste test all the hot chocolates in the region. Start with Hot Chocolatte in Dunsborough
- Organise an indoor picnic, complete with picnic rug and a basket filled with food
- Buy the kids’ favourite treats or knick-knacks and set up a treasure hunt
- Get out the board games, or make use of the deck of playing cards that are available in all Private Properties homes
- Play table tennis or pool at home, if your property has the facilities
- Explore a cave such as Ngilgi, Jewel, Lake or Mammoth
- Have a cinema party at home with all of the kids’ favourite flicks, complete with s’mores and popcorn. A number of Private Properties homes have dedicated home theatres to lounge about in
- Release excess energy on the indoor jungle gym at Country Life Farm in Dunsborough
- Young gamers will love Game On and On arcade in Margaret River for their traditional arcade games, plus VR and modern games
- Drop into Denmark Dinosaur World to see dinosaur fossil replicas, plus live reptiles and birds
- Write postcards to friends
- Little Monsters Play Centre in Margaret River and Busselton are stocked with ball pits, trampolines, slides and a flying fox. Also try Tumble Jam in Albany
- Sweet tooths will like Candy Cow in Cowaramup for fudge tasting and watching the candies being created
- Bellview Shell Collection in Witchcliffe is the largest private collection of shells in Australia, with over 30,000 specimens
- Catch the latest movie release at Orana Cinemas in Busselton and Albany
- Have a friendly competition of board games and puzzles at the Yallingup Maze
- Take the family tenpin bowling in Albany
- See and pet the pythons, lizards and other reptiles at Naturaliste Reptile Park
- Bake and decorate cookies or cupcakes in your Private Properties kitchen
- Read a book. Viva Books in Busselton has a sitting area dedicated to children’s books, puzzles and games in the back of the store. There are also plenty of second hand bookshops in the region – particularly Margaret River.
Relax and enjoy the great indoors in your dream Private Properties home. Browse our list to view our luxury properties today.
You might also like
Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on all things Private Properties.