Your romantic Valentine’s Day getaway in Margaret River
Published Thursday, January 23, 2020 in Lifestyle & Inspiration, Property Announcements
Valentine’s Day, the global day of l-o-v-e, is almost here. In 2020, it falls on a Friday, so why not make it extra special and enjoy a whole Valentine’s weekend?
First things first – where do you stay? Of course, you’ll want somewhere romantic, a little luxurious, and hidden away. And parents, you’ll definitely want a child-free location. Oh and throw in a nice view, too. Let us introduce you to La Forêt Enchantée, nestled within a magical forest on the banks of the Margaret River.
You’ll be enchanted the moment you enter the French gates at this unique property and follow the driveway as it descends to a fabulous fountain and inspired Arc de Triomphe.
The classical arch provides a window to the forest that will become your private, romantic hideaway. Walk hand in hand with your loved one down the sweeping terraces with Italianate balustrade into the lush, green forest where kangaroos and joeys will sometimes appear to welcome you.
There are two gorgeous villas on the property but with generous spacing between them so it feels very secluded. Both villas sleep two people, with one bedroom and one bathroom each. It’s a difficult task to choose between il Palazzo, and la Cabine because they are equally stunning, but they each have quite a different feel.
This is 5 star, luxury, boutique accommodation, a beautiful mix of French and Italian style, this is the more palatial and luxe of the two. With French doors throughout, oregon and redgum timbers, rich tapestries and exquisite furnishings, il Palazzo is somewhere you won’t forget.
There’s a terrazzo bath on the deck, where your eyes can linger on the lush forest just a few steps away; a seductive boudoir with a circular, king-size bed and fairy-tale turret above; his and her dressing rooms; marble ensuite resplendant with gilded mirrors and crystal chandeliers; and outside day beds to sink into and lazily read a book as the frogs and cicadas chatter away beneath the forest canopy.
When you picture cabins, the northern hemisphere may spring to mind. But there’s no need to run away to Canada or the Swiss Alps because we have a magnificent cabin right on our doorstep. La Cabine provides an intoxicating fusion of romance, luxury, seclusion and charm.
More rustic than its sister accommodation, the original cabin, circa 1970, has been beautifully renovated with antique French furnishings, sumptuous rugs, eclectic artworks and an outdoor bath.
Curl up on the Chesterfield in front of the open log fire with your lover sipping Cabernet Sauvignon, or recline on the French day beds with the scent of fruiting loquats and wild honeysuckle in the air.
Gift Vouchers are available for la Forêt Enchantée, so even if you can’t make it for Valentine’s Day weekend, give your loved one a special gift for your next romantic getaway.
Great Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Food and wine aficionados cannot miss out on this indulgent food & wine experience at Voyager.
- Order a hamper from The Larder or Yallingup Cheese Company and enjoy a picnic for two at Meelup Beach, Boranup Forest or near Sugarloaf Rock.
- Be chauffered around the beautiful natural wonders and wineries of the South West with Dunsborough Limousines or enjoy a laid back fun tour with Kuste Kombi’s
- Snuggle up on comfy beanbags at Cape Mentelle‘s outdoor cinema. There are good food choices there too.
- Hire a chef to cook exclusively the pair of you in your Private Properties home. Enquire with our bookings team.
- Jump aboard a scenic helicopter flight with Scenic Helicopters or The Flying Corkscrew.
- Book a massage therapist and enjoy a couple’s massage in the privacy of your home.
- Indulge in a private, bespoke tour with The Margaret River Discovery Co.: canoeing, caves, galleries, wineries, secluded beaches – the choice is yours.
- Hire Sunset Picnic Co., Yallingup, or Wild Wolf Collective Events to organise a luxurious secluded picnic.
Start planning as soon as you can, as Valentine’s Day books up quickly.
Browse our portfolio to find the dreamiest romantic holiday home perfect for spoiling your significant other or just getting together with a group of loved ones.
You might also like: